Sunday, September 11, 2011

Thomas

I was browsing through my card photo file, to see what I could put up today, and came across this one that I made back in June for my new son-in-law's birthday. (I like to send grown up cards!)

I googled a colouring page image of Thomas, which I downloaded and took into Photoshop to re-size and print out a few copies. I then cut them into templates to paper piece him with various colours of SU card stock. On most of the pieces I sponged the edges to give them some dimension. All of the pieces were stuck onto a base piece cut from blue card to the outline shape of the engine. I hand drew the face, copying the one on the colouring picture.

I stamped the brown for the sleepers with the retiring Sanded background stamp, and spritzed the ground with the Colour Spritzer tool and a marker. The rails are made from three layers of card stuck together, with a little slit in them where the wheels slot in to hold the card open.

You can see from this back view that the card is an easel card, with a front flap that is shorter and narrower than the back of the card. The greeting is written on the underside.


No comments:

Post a Comment